Butter Chicken Simple Recipe At Home
It is a very famous non vegetarian dish and is eaten all over the world. There are a number of methods to cook butter chicken. Here I am going to write the recipe of a special kind of butter chicken that can be easily made at home.
- Chicken- 1kg
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tsp
- Cumin- 1 tsp
- Salt- To taste
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric- 1/8 tsp
- Onion- 4 large
- Tomato- 5 large
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Full Cream Milk – 1 glass
- Kasuri Methi- 3/4 tsp
- Cashew nuts- 14
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Yoghurt or thick curd- 1 cup
PROCEDURE TO COOK BUTTER CHICKEN
- Marinate chicken using lemon juice, salt, red chilli powder, kasuri methi, turmeric, garam masala powder, oil, ginger garlic paste, thick curd or yoghurt.
- Give it a mix.
- Keep it for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. GRILLING CHICKEN
- Grill the chicken in an oven or stove top.
- For stove top method, add 1 tsp oil and add the marinade.
- Fry on high flame till all the moisture evaporates.
- To grill in oven, pre-heat the oven to 240 degree celcius for atleast 20 minutes.
- Grill it for about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your chicken chunks.
- Heat a pan with butter and saute cumin and cloves for a minute.
- Add onion puree and fry till it turns brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry again for few seconds.
- Pour tomato puree and add salt, red chilly powder, black pepper powder and coriander powder.
- Mix and cook until the tomato puree becomes thick.
- It also begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- You can also add water to suit your desired consistency.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Now add garam masala and kasuri methi.
- Pour 1 glass milk and 1 cup water.
- You can also add chilled cream.
- Turn off the flame.
- After adding the cream, turn off the stove otherwise the gravy may curdle.
- If using almonds, soak them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes and remove the skin.
Garnish butter chicken with coriander leaves and extra cream if desired. Serve with long grain rice or naan or parantha.
- Preparation time- 30 minutes
- Marination- 2 hours
- Cook time- 30-40 minutes
- Difficulty level- Medium
- Servings- 6-7